Sunday, October 25, 2009

Normal Life

What are you doing RIGHT NOW? I’ll tell you what I’m doing… and its not more interesting just because I’m in Africa.

Right now I’m sitting in my living room (that I just rearranged because I needed a change). I’m waiting for water to boil (the altitude makes it slow) to finish cooking dinner (from scratch!) so that the other girls on my compound will come over . In the middle of it all I got a text from Josh (Yay!). I’m thinking about tomorrow, and all the things I need to prepare for next week(Bible study for the boys, Muslim women, prostitutes). Remembering that I need to hang up my laundry, and listening to the ten songs that my itunes left for me (for some reason I lost a bunch). I’m figuring out what to teach the boys on Tuesday and I’m amazed that since we’ve started doing Bible Study they ask for it (Aunty, Aunty! Do we do Bible study today?). I stop every few minutes to see if the internet will connect yet and go back to the kitchen to see if the water is boiling yet.

Being a missionary is NORMAL. Normal life-- for Jesus… and sometime it is in a new place. But it isn’t because I’m in Africa that I have awesome stories of God working. He is (amazingly) working all over the earth. RIGHT NOW! Even here, I have to remember that I need to be praying and looking for what God is doing- or I can completely miss it. The best days here are when I remember EARLY how much I need God’s grace. Jesus is my righteousness; it is through Him that I can approach God. He is building HIS church. He knows the people I see inside out. And HE is pursuing them. I just notice more because its new and different, and I’m expected to send out blogs and prayer letters. I hope that today you are a missionary where you are. Living for Jesus in whatever happens and looking for ways to show people Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment